Search This Blog

Monday 9 October 2017

COUNTRYSIDE ALLIANCE V LEAGUE AGAINST CRUELTY TO ANIMALS

The COUNTRYSIDE V THE LEAGUE AGAINST CRUELTY TO ANIMALS.

If there was one emotive subject In Britain Today, it is the one about Hunting.
However, there is so much misunderstanding about the situation.
People on both sides and in Parliament are passionate about the Pros and Cons about Hunting.
 I am a Candidate for The National Trust Council Elections - Voting ends online this Friday 13 October 2017.

A Motion has been submitted for the AGM on 21 October, to ban Trail Hunting on National Trust Land. It is opposed by The Trustees of The National Trust. I would not like to predict the outcome.

My views can be summarised as follows:

We must obey the Law.
Currently Blood Sport Hunting is illegal.
The issue is therefore about Trail Hunting. This is when a sensory Trail is laid in the countryside. Hunters and packs of dogs follow the trail. There are no blood Hunting involved.
Providing there is no abuse, this is permitted. I am not against this in principle. So, Countryside Alliance, you have my support, if you do not break the Law, no abuse, no breach of The National Trust Licence.

On the other hand, League against Cruelty to Animals, I support your aims, I am against Blood sports of any kind.  Surely, if the National Trust Trustees and Members vote to reject your Motion,
You must accept the verdict but, remain vigilant. I will ensure that the National Trust does, if I am elected.
However, the League against Cruel Sports say that there are abuses. Also, this should not be allowed. I have no means of checking the abuses. I do not think that the Trustees would lie about abuses.

So, a very emotive subject which can be resolved by vigilance from The League and respect to the Licences and no abuse.

Finally, the result of the Motion should be respected. If not, we will have bad feeling in the National Trust and chaos.

Is this not a fair compromise ? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment